If you’re looking for a simple way of printing labels online, ShippingEasy may be the solution for you. In this ShippingEasy review, I’ll talk about what it does and provide a complete overview of the key pros and cons.
✅ Supports USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL Global.
✅ Integrates with popular ecommerce platforms and marketplaces.
✅ Discounted shipping and insurance rates.
✅ The option to compare rates from multiple carriers.
✅ Automated marketing email integrations.
✅ The option to split or combined orders.
✅ Automatically sync orders to ShippingEasy dashboard.
✅ Free account is available (25 shipments per month).
❌ No live human support for free and Growth plan.
❌ Consistent order syncing issues.
❌ Free plan works only with USPS.
❌ All plans have a limitations on the number of monthly shipments.
❌ Pricey as you upgrade through plans.
What Is ShippingEasy?
ShippingEasy is a cloud-based shipping solution that you can use to print USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipping labels. Since it’s cloud-based, it can be accessed and used from anywhere – home, office, etc.
Moreover, their solution integrates well with all major ecommerce platforms and marketplaces (Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Woo Commerce, Etsy, Paypal, etc.).
How Does ShippingEasy Work?
To start, you’d sign up for the 30-day free trial or the free Starter plan (good enough for 25 shipments per month).
After you sign up for an account, you can use ShippingEasy via the web or the ConnectEasy application that you download onto your computer.
To print a label, follow these steps:
- Go to the orders page and click on create a shipment.
- Go to the ready to ship page and select the shipment you created. You have the option to select a shipping preset (you can create your most commonly used shipping options) or manually select the shipping carrier, service, and package details.
- Once you complete all of that, you will see a shipping cost summary and the option to buy the label.
- Go to the ready to print page and click the print button to print the label to a connected printer of your choice.
- Go to shipment history page to view all your shipments.
A standard home and office printer is compatible to print labels. However, for the best results, a thermal printer that uses 4×6 labels is recommended (I’ll discuss the best printers to use towards the end of this ShippingEasy review).
Is ShippingEasy Legit?
With over 100,000 registered subscribers, ShippingEasy provides a legitimate cloud-based shipping solution. It has thousands of positive reviews on major product review websites. While there are also a number of negative ShippingEasy reviews, the company offers a 100% legit service.
ShippingEasy offers seven different plans – Starter, Growth, Basic, Plus, Select, Premium, and Enterprise. The only major difference between the plans is the number of shipments you can send per month.
Here’s a quick comparison:
- Starter: Free, up to 25 shipments per month.
- Growth: $19.99/mo., up to 200 shipments per month.
- Basic: $29.99/mo., up to 500 shipments per month.
- Plus: $49.99/mo., up to 1,500 shipments per month.
- Select: $69.99/mo., up to 3,000 shipments per month.
- Premium: $99.99/mo., up to 6,000 shipments per month.
- Enterprise: $149.99/mo., up to 10,000 shipments per month.
Again, the number of packages you ship each month will dictate the plan you need to sign up for. I would say that the Growth or Basic plan will be sufficient enough for most mom-and-pop stores.
The good thing here is that you can start off with a smaller plan and then adjust to a different plan as your shipments and orders increase.
Discounted Shipping & Insurance Rates
A benefit of using a cloud-based shipping solution like ShippingEasy is the discounted shipping and insurance rates.
For example, there’s a discount of up to 46% on USPS shipments (varies by shipping service). And, a discount of up to 86% off daily UPS rates. You’ll also avoid certain surcharges. These discounts are taken off the retail rates.
ShippingEasy partners with Shipsurance (Assurant) to offer shipping insurance. The rates are:
- USPS Domestic: $0.99 for $0.01 to $100 insurance, $1.98 for $100.01 to $200 insurance, $2.97 for $200.01 to $300 insurance.
- UPS/FedEx Domestic: $0.79 for $0.01 to $100 insurance, $1.58 for $100.01 to $200 insurance, $2.37 for $200.01 to $300 insurance.
- All International: $1.25 for $0.01 to $100 insurance, $2.50 for $100.01 to $200 insurance, $3.75 for $200.01 to $300 insurance.
Editors Note: USPS charges $3.40 for insurance on a package with a declared value of $100. ShippingEasy would charge $0.99.
ShippingEasy is a feature-rich cloud-based shipping solution. Their solution is able to integrate with most ecommerce platforms and marketplaces, and fully automate certain tasks.
All paid plans include:
- Discounted USPS and UPS rates.
- Automatic order imports.
- CSV uploads.
- Branded tracking tools.
- Custom logos on labels.
- Advanced reporting tools.
- Web access or desktop application via ConnectEasy.
- Automated shipping confirmation emails.
- Route orders to Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).
- Customizable packing slips.
- The ability to ship from multiple locations.
- Batch order processing and the option to split or combine orders.
- Complete control over return labels.
- Compare rates between USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL Global.
- Supports custom forms.
- Various marketing tools (unlimited subscribers, automated product review requests, product recommendations, automated marketing emails, etc.).
Editors Note: The above are just a handful of features I picked out. You can see a complete list of ShippingEasy features here.
The ShippingEasy platform can automatically import orders from various ecommerce platforms and marketplaces.
You will be able to import orders from Walmart, Shopify, BigCommerce, Amazon, Woo Commerce, eBay, Squarespace, Etsy, and many others.
To turn on automatic importing of orders, follow these steps:
- Go to settings, and then click on stores & orders under integration.
- Select edit store settings next to the platform or marketplace you want to enable automatic download of orders.
- Make sure that you uncheck the box next to disable automatic order downloads.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on save. Repeat these steps for any other platform or marketplace that you want to automatically import orders from.
Alternatively, you can import orders via CSV or manually enter the order information.
Certain platforms like Woo Commerce and PrestaShop are automatically set to import orders, and there isn’t an option to disable it.
The platform supports the following label sizes:
- 4” x 5”
- 4” x 6”
- 4” x 8”
You can print labels using thermal, laser, and inkjet printers.
Here’s how a common label would look like:
There’s a nice spot for a custom logo, which will be added under and to the right of the “ship to” address.
I recommend using a thermal printer and self-adhesive 4” x 6” labels. Here’s a couple of links to the thermal printers and labels that I recommend:
- Zebra thermal printer
- DYMO thermal printer
- Rollo thermal printer
- 4″ x 6″ labels for Zebra and DYMO
- Labels for Rollo
For subscribers on the Basic and above plans get access to support via phone, live chat, and email ticketing. Support is available Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm.
You also have access to community forums, guides, and the ShippingEasy Playbook.
The subscribers on the Starter (free plan) and Growth plans have access to the resources only. These two plans don’t offer human support via phone, live chat, or email ticketing.
Not sure why that is. The only thing that I can think of is the possibility of ShippingEasy wanting to push you away from those two plans.
Either way, you probably will never run into a problem where you’ll need to speak with an actual person. But, it’s always comforting knowing that live support is available in case that you do need them.
ShippingEasy Review Conclusion
When compared to other cloud-based shipping solutions, ShippingEasy is a very competitive service. Their ability to integrate with most ecommerce platforms and marketplaces makes them one of the best solutions for printing labels from home or office.
Additionally, the array of integrated shipping carriers such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL Global is another reason ShippingEasy gets my vote for one of the best cloud-based shipping solutions.
If you’re in the market for an online shipping solution, ShippingEasy is worth a try. The company offers a 30-day free trial and a free account that you can use to send up to 25 shipments per month.
However, if you’re not a frequent shipper, a cloud-based shipping solution may not be something that you need right now.
ShippingEasy Review: FAQS
Can you use ShippingEasy without an account?
No – you have to set up an account. There’s a free account available.
Which shipping carriers work with ShippingEasy?
USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL Global.
Are there any alternatives to ShippingEasy?
You can compare these ShippingEasy alternatives.